We are recommending at this time that students do NOT use the GoLearn app which is an option with our new LMS system (Docebo). We have discovered several technical issues with the app and are finding that students attending virtual classes on mobile devices are distracting the other users as their screens are often in motion, etc. We are advising that students use a desktop or laptop computer to attend their e-learning and virtual sessions. Please contact the office with any questions about device compatibility, etc.
Employers: Please use the registration form below to request training classes for your employees. Due to the large volume of students we manage we can no longer take registration requests over the phone as we must have a written request on file.
1. Submit the form below which goes directly to our office.
2. If request is received prior to 5pm PST (M-F) the employee will be sent an email with login instructions the same day.
3. If request is received after 5pm PST (M-F) or over the weekend the employee will be sent an email with login instructions the next business day.
4. If the request is urgent please text us at (206) 673-2919 and the on-call Instructor can process your registration request ASAP.
We sincerely ask you to double-check or test the accuracy of the employee's email address before sending it to us.
*New Policy Effective 5-1-2019*
Billing Policy: We will bill (Due Net 30) organizations with more than 25+ employees. Please contact email@example.com to request a billing account. Organizations with less than 25 employees will need to pay upfront by credit card for employee training. Registration requests for established billing accounts will be billed in full upon registration, NOT completion. Organizations that do not pay their invoices within 60 days are subject to suspension.
Refund and/or Credit Policy:
1. If a student has NOT yet begun a course in Docebo or DigitalChalk and/or has NOT attended any live sessions in the Virtual Classroom within 30 days of registration you are entitled to a full refund/credit less a $10 administrative handling fee.
2. For students that have partially completed courses and/or notice of cancellation is given between 31 and 120 days of registration date you are entitled to a full refund/credit of courses/sessions NOT attended less an administrative fee of $5 per individual course module (ex. CB110, CB111, Orientation & Safety, etc.) cancelled.
3. There will be NO refunds/credits for any course module attended partially (ex. student leaves in the middle of virtual session) or in full. NO refunds or credits are available 120 days past the registration date.
4. We do not charge any no show or rescheduling fees for online, self-paced or Core Basic virtual classes.
5. We DO charge a no show fee for the in-person Skills Labs and Dementia Level 1 & Mental Health Level 1 as we have a maximum number of students that can attend each session and a 'no show' denies a seat to another student who could have attended. We require 48 hour advance notice of Skills Lab cancellation and 10 days advance notice for Dementia or Mental Health Level 1 (as workbooks have to be mailed out in advance of class). Dementia Level 1 and Mental Health Level 1 virtual classes will also have a no show fee as students are taking a seat that would have been available to another student.. No show fees are $40/per day and are billed to the employer. It is the employer's responsibility if you wish to make arrangements with your employee to cover that cost as we have no financial agreement or obligation in place with the student, nor do we bill individual students. Individual students must always pre-pay for their training if not under an employer's account.
No Show Fee for Proctored Testing (Examity): Students attending the following courses (Dementia Specialty, Mental Health Specialty, Nurse Delegation and Nurse Delegation Focus on Diabetes) will upon completion of their course self-schedule and take their final examination through a third-party exam proctor, Examity. There is a $20 "no-show" fee and a $20 "late cancellation" fee (less than 24 hours) because a live proctor has been scheduled to meet with you at the time you scheduled and they must be paid even if you do not show up. All extra fees for no-shows and late cancellations must be paid to Cornerstone in full prior to the release of your certificate.
Re-test Fee: If a student fails a proctored exam and needs to re-test, they will be charged a second testing fee of $20.
6. Courses are non-transferable. We are required to keep detailed records on each HCA student and a clear payment history is part of that requirement. Any cancellations must be processed according to the policy outlined above, training fees cannot be transferred to a new employee/student.
7. Upon request, we will disclose any training fees paid to us, even when paid by a student's employer. This is to maintain transparency required by the Workforce Board of Washington.
8. We cannot bill individual Core Basic modules. If you wish to purchase and pay for Core Basic modules individually you will need to use the self-purchase option within the Docebo catalog and pay by credit/debit card. Call the office if you require assistance or instructions on how to accomplish this.
9. Courses expire one year from the original registration date.
Please make sure you understand this refund policy. We do not make exceptions. Please call our office at 206-673-2919 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Cornerstone exclusively trains the staff for many of the largest senior housing providers (ALF's) in Washington State along with dozens of home care agencies with multiple branches across the State.
We are a proud member of the Adult Family Home Council of Washington and the Adult Family Home Nurse's Association and work with Adult Family Home providers daily.
We offer billing for employers/businesses with more than 25 employees.
Just wanted to let you know I passed both my written exam and skills test this morning...YEA!!!!! Thank you for your assistance throughout the course and for Robin's excellent skills lab. I was thoroughly prepared and ready for any subject matter or skill...Now I will proceed with the delegation course which is waiting for me so you haven't heard the last of me yet!
-Steve D. - HCA Student
Our main office is located in sunny Friday Harbor right up the street from the ferry landing but you can attend most of our courses virtually from literally anywhere you have an internet connection!
We offer Skills Labs for Home Care Aide students (the only part of our 75 hour program that is NOT online) in the following cities: Spokane, Pullman, Kennewick, Lacey, Lynnwood and Bellingham.
Cornerstone Healthcare Training
PO Box 519
Friday Harbor WA 98250 US
(206) 673-2919 Tel/Fax